gene cernan wife

It's either the monkey or me. Tracy is Barbara and Gene's daughter. "Looking back at all that film and all the accolades, parades, I just thought to myself, I can't believe I was really a part of that. To the space families, who still connect at reunions, the 50th anniversary is a chance to reflect on the Apollo era and the impact it had on them. "The moms were the ones that held these families together and they were really the true heroes," Tracy said. Buzz Aldrin could be "heartbreakingly cold" towards his first wife, Joan, to whom he once gave a monkey as a Christmas present. Apollo 10 command module pilot John W. Young relaxes at home with his wife, Barbara, and children, Sandy, 12, and John, 10, at their home in Nassau Bay, Texas, near the Manned Spacecraft Center, July 14, 1969. With more mail-in ballots, officials urge patience on election night, Americans and the right to vote: Why it's not easy for everyone, Why some mail-in ballots are rejected and how to make sure your vote counts. Battleground Tracker: Tight race in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, CBS News/BET poll: Black voters motivated, but concerned about votes counting, The pivotal post-Election Day dates you need to know, A behind-the-scenes look at how mail-in ballots are processed. "If you think going to the Moon is hard, try staying at home," said Barbara Cernan, the wife of Gene Cernan, commander of the Apollo 17 mission in 1972 and the last man to walk on the Moon. "Daddy showed me where he landed and when the moon is full, I can see it," Tracy said. "If I'm crazy, I should see a psychiatrist," she told him, only for him to answer: "You can't. Live Updates: COVID-19 deaths on the rise again in the U.S. Breonna Taylor grand juror calls police actions "criminal", Senate adjourns without passing COVID bill before Election Day, Judge rejects DOJ's bid to shield Trump from defamation lawsuit, Jamie Foxx's sister, DeOndra Dixon, has died at 36, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are engaged, Battleground Tracker: Latest polls, state of the race and more, 5 things to know about CBS News' 2020 Battleground Tracker, CBS News coverage of voting rights issues. Barbara Cernan, wife of Apollo 17 astronaut Gene Cernan, and their daughter Teresa ("Tracy"), observe Cernan during lunar EVA training at Kennedy Space Center in 1972. Mr Cernan, addressing the book's official launch event in Houston, choked back tears as he admitted: "If it weren't for the wives who committed their lives to what we were doing, I don't think we would have ever gotten to the Moon.". For the children, life with an astronaut dad was normal because they didn't know any different. The families lived close together and would help each other out, especially when it came to the children.

Muttiah Muralitharan Son, Spaceman Song, Burned Out, Vintage Nascar Shirts, Patrician Iii: Rise Of The Hanse, Puccini Arias Soprano, Wallops Flight Facility Latitude, Jack The Giant Slayer 2 Release Date, Metroid Nes, Ospi Jobs, Gifts For Astrophysics Lovers, Ends Of The Earth Bible, Steve Maclean Hobbies, Sally Ride In Space, Alphaville Brazil, Average Global Temperature 2019, Why Can't I See The Moon Tonight, Thomas Hardiman Ncsu, Kalpana-1 Satellite Old Name, Watch Dogs Legion Brixton, Cloud Strife Height Remake, Airlock Space, Leonard Roberts Spouse, Department Of Transport Mot, What Happened To The Phoenix Mars Lander, Nasa Screensaver, The Grand Inquisitor Summary, Today Rocket Launch Time, Brian De Palma Hitchcock, Where Can I Watch Where The Heart Is, Pewdiepie Gamer Memes, Lawrence Screen Printing, What Are The 7 Social Sciences, Yu-gi-oh Forbidden Memories How To Play, Rms Olympic And Titanic, The Elder Scrolls: Blades Apk, Best Linux Distro, Arden Cho Poker, Powerrex Korea, Shroud Rainbow Six Siege Team, Mississippi Iep Laws, Morgan Jenkins Howl's Moving Castle, Miami Springs Obituaries, Pixies Doolittle Vinyl Reissue, How To Stay Awake Overnight, Legal Responsibilities And Limits Of Nco Authority Essay, Let The Battles Begin Smash, Aerojet Rocketdyne Headquarters, Is Sweeney Todd On Amazon Prime, Bulgarian Cooking, Magazine Size In Photoshop, Punch Club Achievement Guide, Biological Oceanography Questions, How To Play Undead Nightmare On Playstation Now, Lana Delaney, Gracie Abrams - Minor Lyrics, Salt Water On Mars, When Did The Canadarm Retire, Eternal Deck Builder, Chris Cassidy Wife, Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book Read Online, The Gift Of Marriage And The Gift Of Singleness, Xfinity Teams, How To Accept Friend Request On Rainbow Six Siege, Yoo In Na Iu Suzy, Halloween Tv Shows 2000s, Crackdown Series Cast, Acai Bowl, Kabira Meaning, Cw Denver, Statue Of A Fool Chords, Tressa Octopath Age, Hoffman 87743845, Cédric Ido, Gzi Wisdom Height, Carl Edwards 2021, Modified Cars For Sale Uk, Remy Beasley Date Of Birth, Divine Compensation Meaning, It Jobs Entry Level, Career Insights Personality Test, Nascar Heat 5, Alone Marshmello Lyrics Meaningmadigan Patient Portal, Miles Austin Age, Food Science Online Courses, Codex List, Oasis Direct Ae, Daniel Jones College Stats Espn, Kmart Nz Catalogue, Rudolf Diesel Family Tree,