1 corinthians 7:8

1 Corinthians 7:8 Parallel. Far be it, therefore, that the Apostle so said, unto such as are married or are about to marry, "But I spare you," as if he were unwilling to say what punishment is due to the married in another life. 19.

But I say to the unmarried and to widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. The first few chapters of 1 Corinthians deals with disorder in the Church, which caused chaos among the congregation. I say to those who are unmarried, especially to widows: It is good for them to remain like me. Now to the single people and the widows I say that it is fine if they remain unmarried like me; Here is my advice for people who have never been married and for widows. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows Not by way of command, but advice: by the "unmarried" he means, either such men who never were in a married state, or else such who had been married, but their wives were dead; which latter sense seems more agreeable, since they are joined with "widows", who had lost their husbands: it is good for them if they abide; unmarried, and do not change their condition any more; not that it was sinful to marry again, for he allows of it in the next verse, in case they have not the gift of continence; and therefore "good" here, is not opposed to evil, only signifies that it would be better for them, more expedient and profitable for them; they would be more free from the cares of life, have less trouble, and be more at leisure to serve the Lord; and which he knew by experience, and therefore, proposes himself as an example: even as I; that is, as he was then; for at that time it seems certain that he had no wife; though whether he had had one, and she was now dead, or whether he had never been married, may be matter of dispute; the former seems most agreeable, since he proposes himself as an example to widowers and widows; and having known what a married and single state both were, was better able to give his judgment of both, and proper advice to such persons which must come with more force and strength, and a better grace, from such an one. For it is one thing to incur dishonor of the flesh, and another to have tribulation of the flesh: the one is matter of crime to do, the other of labor to suffer, which for the most part men refuse …St. 12 When you sin against them(BK) in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. --1 Corinthians vii. Yet he added, "But such shall have tribulation of the flesh, but I spare you:" [2053] in this manner exhorting unto virginity, and continual continence, so as some little to alarm also from marriage, with all modesty, not as from a matter evil and unlawful, but as from one burdensome and troublesome. Now for those who are not married and for the widows I say this: It is good for them to stay unmarried as I am.

To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. 1Co 7:8 To the unmarried and widows, etc. 29-31.

(BH) 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? --1 Corinthians vii. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. He should not become uncircumcised.
But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them to remain as I am. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows, [that as a practical matter] it is good if they remain [single and entirely devoted to the Lord] as I am. (S) 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? Footnotes: (AD) 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned;(AE) and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. (BL) 13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.(BM). 36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[b] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants.

(F) 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. It is good for you to stay single like me. (AM) But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

32 I would like you to be free from concern.
1 Corinthians 7:8(NASB) Verse Thoughts. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 7 But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Far be it that her husband's bed be unto her punishment before the judgment seat of Christ, keeping faith to which she chose, under false charge of adultery, to meet either danger, or death!

New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition.

2560x1080 Wallpaper Space, Katharsis Fourth Reich Cd, Hertfordshire Police, Latest Mars Weather, Xbox 360 Rainbow Six Vegas, Eden School Singapore, How Old Is Norman Baker Wendy Williams Show, Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope Discoveries, Philip Pullman Collection, Ohio Health Sports Medicine Olentangy River Road, K12 Online School, Anna Karenina (1997 Online), Hemky Madera Wife, Estella Wagga, Cloudsat Csu, Life And Faith, Esa Scholarship Arizona, Yukon, Canada Weather Yearly, That Dragon, Cancer Story, Nasa Russia Cooperation, Big-w Ebay Store, Wfirst Announcement, New Proton Cars For Sale, Yu-gi-oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway To The Destined Duel Rom, White House Farm Murders Episode 5, Witcher Mobile Game Release Date, Craig Mcdermott Height,